The complete care system for thoroughly cleaning, revitalising breathability and adding water repellency to all combination fabric and leather footwear. Easy to apply and PFC free.
Nikwax Footwear Cleaning Gel & Fabric-Leather Spray On 300ml
Why breathability depends upon water repellency…
Breathable waterproof footwear is most likely to get sweaty and wet inside when used in damp or wet conditions. If the outer leather absorbs water, the breathability of the footwear will be reduced. Therefore, the Durable Water Repellency (DWR) of your footwear must be maintained to ensure comfort. Through use, the outer surface of footwear will pick up contaminants, such as dirt, which attract water, masking the effect of any DWR coating.
Nikwax Footwear Cleaning Gel™ will remove contaminants and revitalize DWR. Durable Water Repellency will eventually wear off and need to be renewed with Nikwax Nubuck & Suede Proof™.
Breathable waterproof footwear is for active, outdoor people…
Anyone who is active outside in damp or wet conditions will benefit from breathable waterproof footwear. Whether you’re a mountaineer, cyclist, dog walker, or you work outside, you will need good footwear.
For cleaning and waterproofing textured leather footwear:
- Revives the performance of your footwear, keeping your feet warmer and drier
- Footwear Cleaning Gel cleans effectively, restores water repellency and revives breathability
- Nubuck & Suede Proof adds water repellency, revives breathability and maintains the texture of your footwear
- Recommended for Gore-Tex®, eVent® and all other waterproof footwear
Nikwax Fabric & Leather Proof:
- Brush off dirt with a damp cloth and clean using Nikwax Footwear Cleaning Gel™.
- Shake well before use. Press sponge applicator to break seal.
- Apply generously to wet footwear; Spray-On (from a distance of 5cm) or Sponge-On.
- After 2 minutes, remove surplus with a cloth and allow to dry before use.
Note: Light/coloured fabric and/or leather may darken after treatment. Test on a hidden area first.